Quality stacks to empower your creativity
CalcStack updated to version 1.2.0
Changes in this free update include:
- If reset and submit buttons are enabled, reset will no longer submit the form when clicked
- Number inputs now support negative values
- You can now enforce minimum and maximum ranges on number inputs (basic validation)
- Improvements to Twitter sharing, including use of special characters in description text
- Tided parts of the underlying source code and deleted some bits that were not needed
- New ‘Random Number’ input type
- Modifications to the presentation of formulas in edit mode
This update will be available shortly in Stacks (via automatic updates) and is available now from your Paddle account.
CalcStack updated to version 1.1.0
Changes in this free update include:
- Warning messages are now clearly displayed in edit mode, if form inputs have no name attributes provided
- Continued improvements and easier integration with FormsPlus
- The range slider now supports negative numbers (e.g. -17) and decimalised steps (e.g. 0.25, 0.50)
- You can now customise the width of the range legends (green value balloons) in the CalcStack style settings
- Added the ability to have CalcStack ‘write’ calculated answers into other parts of the page, including blocks of text, link buttons and other input boxes. See the website for details
- Support for optional sound effects (like clicks), for when calculation inputs are changed by the end user - the sustainable transport infographic example on the website demonstrates this
- New advanced option to have number input boxes automatically focused (selected) on click, for better accessibility and less clicking
- A couple of other minor changes to the underlying source code
DonateStack makes it quick and easy to collect donations from your website users, via PayPal. This stack is ideal to collect money for charities, religious groups, fundraising events, schools, donationware downloads or political campaigns. In a basic configuration, users are presented with either a number input box or select menu; for determining how much to give. Clicking the ‘submit’ button takes them through to the secure PayPal website, to complete their transaction.
DonateStack purposefully has 'fat and friendly’ styling, to make it extra user-friendly for all website users. Several style settings are included, to enable you to customise the appearance and get it to match your existing website. It is easy to integrate DonateStack into some of our other stacks, like TintStack, Shady or StandOut.
A useful advanced feature is the ability to pre-populate the donation amount field with a URL query string. This opens-up the possibility of being able to use the CalcStack for a user to calculate a donation amount, and then CalcStack can pass the answer over into DonateStack. It’s one of the reasons this stack was created.
Because it is envisioned a lot of RapidWeaver users will be using DonateStack for charities or non-profits, the stack is also provided for free. But if you do find it helpful, please share a link with us and an estimate of how much revenue you’re getting from it. It would be interesting to know. You can also use DonateStack to make a contribution on the Stacks4Stacks website!
I’m super-pleased to unveil the brand new CalcStack; a combination of much design, development, testing and refinement over the past several months, plus valuable collaboration with several prominent RapidWeaver users.
What is CalcStack? A need frequently arises in modern websites and webapps to provide users with interactive calculators. Calculators are often needed for tasks like shipping estimators, product or service quantifiers, simple infographics, quote forms, savings and interest calculators, conversion calculators, educational purposes and various other tasks.
CalcStack lets you construct a variety of simple and more complex number calculators to go on your websites. You’ll find the intuitive user interface makes CalcStack both quick and easy to configure within Stacks 3. No code is required to accomplish the basics. Generated calculators are really fast, HTML5 valid, fully mobile-first responsive and styled attractively with Bootstrap to compliment the rest of your website. Compatibility is provided for all major themes.
Potentially CalcStack could save you a fortune in having calculators custom coded for your website. CalcStack brings the added time-saving flexibility of being able build and update your own calculators independently - at any time.
Lots of options exist for generated answers; including the ability to copy them to a clipboard, tweet them with a message or pass them onto another page or contact form. Additionally if you already use FormsPlus, you will find CalcStack integrates seamlessly with your existing forms!
A 20 minute video has been published here that demonstrates the basics of CalcStack and how to build some more complex implementations. The same RapidWeaver 7 project file used in the video is available here and you can find the rest of the documentation and a free demo version here on the product page for download.
Introducing FileMan stack - a free file manager / warehouse for your website!
The role of this new stack is to configure and spawn a new directory on your web server, complete with a basic file management interface. After entering a password, you (or a client) can login to upload, download, view or delete small files with ease. New folders can be created and you can sort files by clicking the table headings. All this is done through your normal web browser.
FileMan is perfect to use as a backend for our popular stacks like PlayLister, RefinedSlider, ProGallery, Embed and DropCMS. Any of these stacks can link to the FileMan directory; thereby permitting the ability to add or remove files (like images or audio tracks) remotely, outside of RapidWeaver. FileMan is safe for your clients to use, because only files within the FileMan directory are editable. FileMan saves you from the aggravation of setting-up additional FTP accounts or paying for expensive CMS stacks.
The FileMan interface uses HTML5 and is fully mobile-first responsive. It works well on all newer mobile, tablet and desktop computers.
FileMan is easy to configure within Stacks 3 / RapidWeaver. The basic setup process involves telling FileMan where you want the new directory to be generated, the login password and what functionality you want enabled.
Because many of us are building websites for non-English speaking clients to manage, you will find FileMan lets you translate many of the buttons, labels and table headings into another language.
This stack requires a web server with PHP 5.6 or greater, RapidWeaver 6.0 or greater and Stacks 3.0 or greater. If you find FileMan useful or require support, please make a contribution. As always, support is best dealt with via email.
TogglePlus stack updated to version 1.3.0
Changes in this free update include:
- All colour pickers now support RGBa opacity
- Fixed an issue whereby Font Awesome icons in nested toggles were not working correctly
- Fixed an HTML validation error
- Font Awesome is now loaded by Stacks
- Raised the minimum API to version 7 (Stacks 3)
- Updated some of the support / info links
- Update checking now done securely over SSL
Learn more: https://stacks4stacks.com/toggleplus/
AudioPlayer 2.1.0 Released
Changes in this free update include the following:
- Reorganised and regrouped some of the settings
- Added support for WAV audio formats
- You can now toggle MP3, OGG and WAV audio sources on and off independently
- New options to choose what preloading (if any) is applied to tracks
- Tidied some of the underlying source code
Learn more: https://stacks4stacks.com/audioplayer
Announcing the new QueryDisplay stack
Introducing QueryDisplay - the purpose of this simple stack is to hide or display content, based on any query strings and matching parameters that may be present in the browser address bar. If a matching parameter / value pair is found in the address bar (or if a numerical value that falls within a specific range), a block of content within QueryDisplay is displayed.
This is an extremely quick, simple and efficient stack suitable for a multitude of possible jobs. QueryDisplay can loop through an infinite number of parameters within a query string and will intelligently display a message if no matches are found. It can even handle multiple parameters too!
QueryDisplay is going to be a fantastic compliment to our upcoming CalcStack; to help your website users calculate and view the best possible products or services you have to offer. But in the meantime, you can use it stand-alone for a wide variety of tasks. QueryDisplay will work with any existing link or button creation methods.
Try the live examples published on the product page. QueryDisplay is provided as a free stack.
Announcing MicroBlog 2.0
Changes in this free update include:-
- Major changes to the fetching of blog content, for greater compatibility with different web servers
- You can now preview your actual blog content inside RapidWeaver 7, without having to publish first
- Updated some of the setup instructions
Enjoy the convenience of being able to post new blog articles from your computer, tablet or mobile device using the official Tumblr apps or website. then use the MicroBlog stack to pull your blog RSS feed into your RapidWeaver website and display your latest posts, audio, video and images.
We're having an early 'spring clean'!
Hi Stacks4Stacks fans! Just a quick word to say that some important updates are being made to the Stacks4Stacks website this week, and you may encounter a few problems with some links - especially in some of the demo’s and the download links.
Ahead of Dropbox terminating support for Public folders on 15th March, we’ve been forced to end our hosting contract with Dropbox and instead move everything over to Amazon servers. Long term, you should find demo’s and downloads are a lot speedier and more reliable. However during this upheaval, there is a chance some links may be broken and occasionally you might find the website temporarily goes offline or displays a security certificate warning. We are working hard to minimise the disruption caused and ensure the transition goes as smoothly as possible.
For the next couple of days, automatic updates (in Stacks and RapidWeaver) may also not work for you. Rest-assured if you do need anything urgently, simply login to your secure Paddle account to download the latest updates manually.
In other related news, DropCMS is temporally going to be mothballed. It serves little purpose (with the demise of Dropbox Public folders). It is hoped that this stack can be repurposed for something else. There are already some very interesting ideas for this stack.
Incidentally if you are making use of Dropbox (for hosting or warehousing files) its of paramount importance you move your files elsewhere, before 15th March. After this date, you will not be able to hotlink or embed files directly in your website. Instead, the current links will take people away from your website, to a Dropbox branded page. Read the free eBook I released at Christmas, if you want to build a more robust file warehousing system.
A brand new stack is going to be released through the Stacks4Stacks website very shortly - if you like the idea of interactive calculators in your website, you will love this new creation! There’s also free updates pending for ProGallery and Lookup.
PlayLister 2.3.0 released
The best audio playlist stack for RapidWeaver, just got a bit more better!
Changes in this free update include:
- The stack is now named with CamelCase lettering
- New option to change the vertical alignment of the player controls interface
- Padding applied around the player interface can now be customised
- New text size setting for the Track Info (album, artist etc.)
- New text size setting for the progress bar clocks
- If cover artwork is disabled, the player interface now has an ‘auto’ height
- A new, simple checkbox option, to vertically stack the interface on all screen sizes
- New settings to customise the alignment of titles, albums and artist info
- Playlist items can now have an 'auto’ height
- Corrected the Info URL in the stack settings
The update is available NOW via automatic updates in RapidWeaver, or you can download it from your Paddle account. If you’re new to PlayLister, please see this page for more information and to grab a free demo version: https://stacks4stacks.com/playlister
MicroBlog Stack Updated
Happy Monday! This evening a little update has been published for the ‘MicroBlog’ stack. This update introduces support for customisable PHP timezones; which should fix some timezone-related errors a few users reported seeing. You can now toggle the display of setup instructions and faux content on and off inside the MicroBlog settings. This update is available via automatic update checking or you can grab the latest version from the website: https://stacks4stacks.com/microblog
Switcher 2.6 released
This FREE update includes the following changes:-
- You can now trigger Switcher tab or accordion panels using custom buttons (HTML5 data- attributes) within the same webpage
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicate open / close icons to get appended onto nested accordions
- New checkbox option in the settings to make tab panels collapsible. When enabled, a tab panel can be re-closed by clicking or tapping it a second time
The update is available via automatic updates or from your Paddle account.
Click here to learn more about Switcher and to download a free demo version.
Buy now to avoid price increases!
Next week, we’re going to be revising the pricing of some stacks listed on the Stacks4Stacks website.
Admittedly nobody likes it when prices go up. However the reality is that some of our stack elements have grown to become very complex and advanced addons for RapidWeaver. Ultimately this pushes-up demand for more customer support.
It should also be remembered that Stacks4Stacks does things properly and complies with the EU VAT laws on digital downloads. This means that for each stack sold to an EU customer, we have to absorb VAT costs of up-to 30%. After all, we like to keep things legal and prevent our customers being chased for tax avoidance!
We’re doing the kind thing and giving you a heads-up of the price increases coming next week. That way you have a couple of days to test stacks you are interested in using and buying them at their current list price.
Basically any stack listed on the website now for £5 will be increasing to £10 next week. Some of the more complex individual stacks like Filter, ProGallery, Player, TopBox and Playlister will be seeing a price increase from £10 to £15 next week.
Free stack elements are going to remain free - we have no plans to start charging for any of these.
The stacks sold through the Stacks4Stacks website still offer excellent value for money, even after these price increases. We build high-quality stacks based on what real web designers and developers are asking us for. We regularly provide free updates to include feature requests. We’ve also fully embraced concepts like ExtraContent and warehousing in all our stacks. Free demo’s are provided for everything we sell. And in terms of customer support, most emails received get a friendly response within the same day.
Welcoming seyDesign to the family!
Just a quick note to say that in case you hadn’t heard yet, seyDesign (and RapidSearchPro and RWExtras) are now under my ownership. Themes and stacks (excluding Armadillo) are also joining us from Nimblehost.
This is a significant post-Brexit investment with a promise of many theme and stack updates in the coming months. These acquired businesses will signify an exciting expansion into the North American RapidWeaver addons market. Pricing is going to remain in USD and influential developers (like Tom Bristol) will be continuing to market their addons through websites like seyDesign.
As part of contractual agreements, all previous customers will be entitled to support and updates going forward. Some theme updates have already started to become available, and many more are planned before the end of year.
To celebrate the relaunch, significant discounts are being offered across all themes and stacks until 23:59PM GMT on Wednesday 21st September 2016. All individual themes and stacks have 40% off, and the theme and stack bundles have 60% discounts applied. No coupon codes are required. Free demo versions are provided. This offer simply will NOT be extended or repeated again, so it would be wise to take full advantage of it straight away!
QuoteSlider stack updated to version 1.1.0
This free update is available via automatic updates in RapidWeaver or can be downloaded from your Paddle account. Changes in this version include the following:
- Updated the tooltip for adaptive height, to mention the fact it is ignored if the the slider operates in vertical mode
- New ‘Auto Hover’ setting, to pause the slider on mouseover
- Negative margins can now be applied to the next / previous buttons, to pull them away from the content
- All colour pickers now support RGBa values
- Updated Font Awesome Icons to version 4.6.3
- Adjusted the CSS z-index of the next / previous buttons to bring them further forward of content
More information about QuoteSlider (including a free demo version) can be found here: https://stacks4stacks.com/quoteslider/
Limited support 24th August - 4th September
Just a quick heads-up to say that I’ll be away on holiday and attending my brothers wedding between Wednesday 24th August and Sunday 4th September.
The office will be closed during this period and there will be limited support available while I’m on the road (I’ll only have an old iPad with me). Lots of hiking and photography is planned - an opportunity to replenish my photo library ahead of some big product launches this autumn!
So if you have complex technical support requests, it would be wise to get them in before my departure on 24th August. Otherwise they might not get much of a response until early September.
Don’t forget that you can also post questions to the RapidWeaver forums about my RapidWeaver addons. Membership is free. There are often support volunteers who may be able to help you with questions you post there.
It’s extremely rare that I take more than a few days off work. I don’t think I’ve had more than 7 consecutive days off work in over 12 years! I was even answering questions and modifying themes on Christmas day. I’m just posting this message here to quell any concerns you might have if you contact me but don’t get a response.
I hope you’re also enjoying your summer (or winter) too and will be taking some time off!
ProGallery updated to version 1.5
ProGallery is a drag-and-drop stack component for RapidWeaver. Using ProGallery, you can create a beautiful, interactive website gallery which can support both images and video from various different sources. ProGallery is responsive; meaning that it responds to different screen sizes - working flawlessly on smartphones, tablets and desktop computers.
Version 1.5 released today is a free update for all existing customers. The update is available via ‘check for updates’ in your Stacks library or you can manually download and install the update from your Paddle Locker. Changes in this update include:
- Many more transitional effects added, featuring beautiful silky-smooth animations
- New selectable gradient styles for the lightbox backdrop
- Fixed a bug that caused lightbox thumbnails to not display for some users
- New colour settings for the toolbars, buttons and caption content
- Updated several components to the latest versions that were available (e.g. zoom.js)
- You can now navigate lightbox galleries using the web browser backwards / forwards buttons
- Added the ability to link to a specific slide and have it open within the lightbox as the page loads
- Tidied up some aspects of the user interface, in stacks edit mode
- More font styling options added for lightbox caption content
- The colour scheme of lightbox pagination bullets is now customisable without needing custom CSS code
- New 'iFrame’ source
- New 'Pulse CMS’ image source
On the roadmap for future development, we’re exploring options for adding commenting support to ProGallery. This is a feature several ProGallery customers have shown an interest in seeing. The idea would be that website visitors can open your gallery and read comments other people have made on your images or video. Visitors could write and leave their own comments too. Some backend code has already been committed into this latest ProGallery update, which may help facilitate this new option. There is currently no timeframe for this new feature, but feedback is welcomed.
StackSlider Updated to version 4.1
Changes in this free update include:
This is a free update for all existing users. This latest update can be downloaded from within RapidWeaver (open your stack library and click the 'Check For Updates’) button or login and download the latest version from your secure Paddle Locker: https://my.paddle.com
SimpleSearch stack updated to version 2.0
A major update for the popular SimpleSearch stack. This free update includes the following changes:
- Significantly faster and easier editing interface - less clicking required to edit search items
- Regrouped and reorganised several settings to make things easier to find in stacks edit mode
- All colour pickers now support opacity
- New setting to adjust the font size of the search box icon
- More colour pickers for search box borders, fills and icons
- Added an ARIA ‘search’ role to the search form, to improve webpage accessibility
- Rewritten the CSS for the search bar, for improved compatibility with different themes
- The search icon can now be floated either left or right, in the search box
- Minor bug fix for Android
- Numerous other changes to the SimpleSearch source code
Updating from version 1 to version 2
We strongly recommend you update to this newest version, because it includes some important changes that are required to maintain compatibility with future versions of Stacks 3 and RapidWeaver 7 going forward. Many people love using SimpleSearch and have used it in far larger projects than it was ever designed for! Therefore this latest version has some minor changes to the editing interface and some under-the-hood tweaks to make it work much faster in edit mode, when you have lots of searchable items.
SimpleSearch 2 will install itself alongside older versions, so you can place both stacks on the same webpage in edit mode and copy / paste existing content or data over into SimpleSearch 2. You can obtain SimpleSearch 2 right now from your Paddle Locker. The update is free. SimpleSearch 2 now requires a minimum of RapidWeaver 6 and Stacks 3.1.0 or later.
New to SimpleSearch?
As the name suggests, this stack makes it super-easy to add simple website search capabilities to small or medium sized websites. No complicated PHP, ad-driven search engines or databases are required - with this search solution you become the search engine and build the searchable index yourself. See the product page for SimpleSearch and download the free demo version to try. SimpleSearch is exactly the same search plugin we use on the Stacks4Stacks website - it’s that good!
Porthole updated to version 1.4.0
This free update for the Porthole stack includes the following features:
- New font sizing options
- Update checking now happens over SSL
- Content is now always vertically centred within each Porthole automatically
Click here for more information about the Porthole stack. A free demo version is also available that you can download and install into RapidWeaver for testing.
Announcing the PaddleBoard stack
Many people have commented how fast and easy they’ve found the checkout process on the Stacks4Stacks and ThemeFlood websites; and wanted to know what we use and where they can get it! Since January 2015 we’ve used Paddle to securely handle all checkout purchases of RapidWeaver addons.
The free PaddleBoard stack makes it simple to display purchasing terms and conditions within a modal window, which customers can agree to and then begin the checkout process via Paddle. Any button or link that lets you add custom classes can be used to trigger the checkout process:
Additionally the PaddleBoard stack also provides a simple admin interface. Store owners can use this to login to their Paddle account, or for generating a tracking cookie (which enables display of the PaddleBoard Dashboard):
Once a tracking cookie is setup in the PaddleBoard Admin, extra dashboard buttons are displayed at the top left of a page, therefore giving quick access to edit the product information on Paddle:
Whether you’re managing one or one thousand digital downloads for sale on your website, PaddleBoard will give your purchasing customers a really intuitive buying experience and give you a quick admin interface to manage the store with.
You can add custom properties to the checkout button, supported by the latest Paddle overlay checkout. And of course the major advantage of using Paddle is that it takes care of all the terribly complicated EU VAT regulations, surrounding digital downloads!
Learn more: https://stacks4stacks.com/paddleboard/
SuperMenu updated to version 1.2.0
SuperMenu is one of the most comprehensive stacks for creating ‘mega menu’ navigation layouts in RapidWeaver. Changes in this free update include the following:
- New option to disable drop-down panels
- New option to apply links to the parent button
- New checkbox option to help fix alignment / layering issues in Foundation
The free demo version has been updated too. For more information, please click here.
ProGallery 1.4 released
Changes in this exciting free update include the following:
- New ‘HTML5 Video’ source, to make it even faster and easier to add self-hosted HTML5 video content to your ProGallery
- New option to change the alignment of thumbnail images displayed within the lightbox gallery
- Rewritten the masonry grid module to use pure CSS code (CSS columns) which will bring much-improved reliability and faster page loading
- ProGallery stack assets (like video play buttons and font icons) are now stored in a different location, to limit conflicts with other RapidWeaver addons
- New 'Social Video’ source, to make it even faster and easier to add YouTube or Vimeo video content directly to your ProGallery
- New 'HTML5 Video Directory’ source, letting you link to a directory of HTML5 video clips and automatically generate a basic video gallery
- New 'Total CMS Gallery’ source, which can connect to a Total CMS gallery and pull images into your ProGallery stack
- Updated several parts of the instructions to make some aspects easier to understand
The previous 'video source’ is now marked as deprecated. It will still work for the time being, but it will be going away in a future update. The new system of separate HTML5 video, HTML5 video directory and social video sources is easier to setup and generates cleaner code. Additionally it has allowed us to fix a few problems like fullscreen Vimeo not working. So these new video sources are definitely the best ones to be using. A couple of the beta testers have commented that this is now by-far the best video gallery stack available for RapidWeaver!
Please see the ProGallery product page for the latest documentation and notes.
Introducing the new Droplet stack
Droplet is a free, simple and safe file uploader you can place on your website. It’s perfect as part of a CMS workflow; so that clients can upload their own files to stacks like Embed, RefinedSlider, ProGallery or Playlister. Or you can use it to collect images or other documents from students, work colleagues or customers. The emphasis of Droplet is on simplicity, and therefore this stack has far fewer options and functions; compared with other contact form and file uploader addons available for RapidWeaver.
The primary purpose of Droplet is to make a directory (folder) on your web server behave like a public ‘dropbox’. Without requiring any specialist software, website users can use their web browser to drag and drop (or select) files in Droplet. Some clever code within Droplet will scan and upload these files to the designated directory. From here you can automatically reuse the files in your website (like within an image gallery). Alternatively you can download the files using your preferred FTP software or website file manager.
Droplet is built on the popular Dropzone.js plugin. We coded a smart PHP backend which will process file uploads efficiently. The PHP backend will also make the file names web safe (swapping spaces and tabs for hyphens) and provides the option to time stamp the file uploads (to prevent conflicts with files named the same). End users cannot view the contents of the uploads directory, nor can they delete files - it’s purely a one-way dropbox system.