SelectNav is highly accessible for all website users and fully compatible with all web browsers. An unlimited number of items can be added to your select menu. The Stacks 3 interface allows you to easily delete or change the order of items using simple drag-and-drop actions in edit mode. By default, links open in the current browser window, but you can also choose to have links open in new tabs or windows (if popups are enabled in the browser).
ExamplesHere are two examples of SelectNav; one is using a flat list and the second is making use of option groups.
SetupThis stack requires Stacks 3.5 or later. Follow these instructions to setup a SelectNav stack in your webpage...
- Once installed, open the Stacks Library. Drag and drop a copy of SelectNav into your page
- Click the blue button in edit mode to add select menu items or option groups to your menu
- If making use of option groups, click the blue button inside the group, to add new items to the group. Or drag and drop existing items into the group
- Select items in edit mode to configure their titles and links. Custom attributes applied to links are ignored
- With the main SelectNav menu stack selected in edit mode, you can edit some other settings, like link behaviours and basic button styling
- Preview the page to test your SelectNav stack. Save changes and publish or export when finished.
Basic options are provided to customise the style of the select menu button. As always, options to customise the appearance of the actual option select menu list is very limited. HTML select menu lists are a core user interface component. Excellent compatibility is offered for ThemeFlood and SeyDesign themes.